My Family

My Family

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Update

We were off-line FOREVER...(it felt like)!
At Pat's request we were updating to WildBlue Satellite internet...for about $5 more than we were paying, it should be better, more consistent service.
However, there were a few glitches in getting it set up, but it is now up and running!
(And I have to give kudos to my husband for taking the time to run the cable under the house instead of tacking up against the wall as the satellite guy suggested.
Oh, and I have to admit that it was a bit of a shock to see how young the installer was...ends up that he's graduating from HS in May...a senior, doing a darn good job hooking up our computer!)

Today was my Intro to Card-Making class.
I had 7 people signed up for it, but only 5 showed up.
That was plenty for a first class.
The age range was from about 10-70, so we had quite a diverse group.
Aside from a few measurement issues, I felt really good about the class.
It actually left me wanting to do it again, even if I was on my feet for about 3 hours straight.
It's unfortunate that as a pregnant woman, I really feel that time on my feet in my lower back.
(It was remedied by a 2 hour nap when I got home!)
I know that the choice I made to become a Stampin' Up demonstrator was not a mistake...I am more excited about it after today than before (and I was excited before).
I'll be teaching again for certain on April 14th, and I may try and squeeze another class in on a Thursday night before March is over.
I asked some questions of the "students" before they left, and all of their feedback was very positive...they all left feeling not only had they accomplished something, but also that they had enough starting knowledge to try again on their own.

I haven't blogged much about our new car search, but it's quite a story.
I'll save it for another day.

I have sharing time in Primary tomorrow, and I haven't even checked to see what I'm going to do...so I'd better jet and get focused on making tomorrow work.

Oh, and sorry I missed your birthday, Hyrum.
I really did think about you all day!

1 comment:

SalGal said...

I'm so glad the class went well! And thank you for your prayers. They certainly do help. I have a much better feeling today!