My Family

My Family

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Product / Book Endorsements

Just for the record, I believe this is a first for me...a blog about things that I endorse for myself, my family, and all others involved.

Above, you'll see a DVD case for Sam's favorite show(s): Little Einsteins
I love it because each episode highlights a classical music piece and an art masterpiece.
Truly palatable to an adult as well as a child...and I tend not to love "Playhouse Disney" stuff.
This book was recommended to me by my friend Dawn...and I really enjoyed reading it.
It is in many ways a coming of age story and a story of self discovery.
I tend to like juvenile and young adult novels because they tend to be clean...and this one is worth a read.
This was a book I found on our library shelf of "new books" and I just picked up a copy for Emily at the school book fair.
It was a compelling read.
Pat even picked it up and read it in a day or two.
It's another story where the main character, Miri, finds the strength she possesses as the story unfolds.
I loved this book.
We picked these up last year when Albertsons had the 10 for $10 sale.
I originally just wanted to try them out, but found that we really liked them.
They aren't quite the same as coffee cake, but they have a similar topping.
They make a nice side for a larger breakfast, or are good all alone.
I saw this yesterday in the great and spacious building on a hill (our local Wal-Mart).
My first opinion of the filling (straight from the tub) was that it was a bit tart.
(I grew up on Jell-o cheesecake from a box...so this may be truer to some other cheesecakes.)
I've put it into a graham cracker crust for tonight, and have cherry and blueberry topping...so I'll update with the end result.

That's it for today...
What have you found lately that you love?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Maybe it's the pregnant in me, but I have this crazy urge to lick the picture of the cinnamon streussal (sp?) right off the computer screen.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this blog--so many good suggestions. As much as I liked Princess Academy I enjoyed another of Shannon Hale's books, Goose Girl, even more.
Another really good read is Fablehaven by Brandon Mull. The sequel comes out May 1st and I, and my kids, can hardly wait. Very compelling book.
I recently read an inspiring fictional account that I liked so much I had to buy it. Hallelujah The Story of the Coming Forth of Handel's Messiah by J. Scott Featherstone. Sounds a little much I know, but don't let the title scare you off. I couldn't put it down. If you like a good cry this'll do the trick.

Papa J said...

That's right P...Papa J loved princess academy. I'll have to try out the books Heather suggested.

I like the muffins, but I don't think they're as good as the from scratch one.

Anonymous said...

I love the Cinamon strudel muffins a lot, and i also loved Princess Academy, I found it on the new shelf too!
I am recently reading a series by an Austrailian author, Allison Croggon, called The Books of Pellinor. All of the books are written, but only the first and second are in the U.S. In the Introduction she says that she is translating a story called Naraudlh Lar-Chane ( the riddle of the treesong). It talks about a girl in slavery (no skin color issue) and is recued by a Bard (who has magic and the Speech) and finds out she is a Bard too. It is a story of a girl finding her past and what it means for the future. It is long, but very hard to put down.

Anonymous said...

Now, if you would take the batch cinnamon muffins (still hot from the oven) and spread the cheesecake filling inside them, then get a big (BIG) glass of milk, and a good book - well then I would be quite set for a very good day.