My Family

My Family

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

You've got Mail!

Real mail rocks.
E-mail is lovely too.
I used to frequent the Hallmark in my college town so much that I was offered the "gold card".
It allowed me to earn free cards.
I loved it.
I sent the people I loved cards every chance I could get, birthdays, holidays, and just because.
I don't do that any more.
Mostly because I don't have the patience to browse the card section any more.
It's hard to find that "perfect" card with children in tow.
I think that is why I make cards now.
Because even though typically, there isn't a written sentiment, the fact that I made it with my own hands conveys that I really care.
My challenge to you today: Take the time to let someone important to you know you care!

1 comment:

bec said...

You are my friend, hero, and sister. In that order.