My Family

My Family

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Humble Pie

Have you had some lately?
We have been working really hard lately to focus and control our budget.
This is honestly, thanks to Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover.
Dave is a financial counselor and motivational speaker.
He can be heard on the radio and has his own website.
Pat heard him a while ago and was really impressed with his ideas.
We ordered his book, and it literally has changed our lives.
We now know how to budget.
That sounds simple, but it's really not that simple.
It is however, amazing!
We have totally changed our mentality about money...and become much more humble in the process.
I've been much more sensitive to the spirit.
I cry a lot because people are geniunely kind and thoughtful.
I must have been more prideful than I thought.
But you know what?
I am grateful for my own slice of humble pie.
It has tasted really good this time.


And.....our 2 day yard sale was successful beyond our GREATEST hopes! We will pay off our first debt with the proceeds! Thanks to Holly for loaning us her home for 2 1/2 days while we relocated all of our stuff from our country road to the heart of this "city". When you do what the Lord has asked, with a focused effort, BLESSINGS AWAIT!

3 comments:

Millie said...

Someone else was talking about this on her blog... can't remember who. It sounds like a great book - think I'll check it out and see if it can help hubby and me.

Glad your yard sale went so well! Happy shopping! ;)

S'mee said...

Another great resource that is FREE!: "One For The Money", available through your ward clerk or via LDS.org

Simple. Free. And if you do as the book councels (the debt elimination calendar)you WILL be debt free.

Thor and I used this book years ago, #1 used it just 4 years ago to eliminate over $10,000.00 of medical bills etc. prior to his getting married.

It is hard. It is discipline. It works. And boy does that feel great.

DEBTective said...

Baby, I'm proud of you for getting on a budget and working to deep-six your debt. Dave Ramsey's plan makes tons of sense, doesn't it? Great job and good luck, dollface! www.debtective.com