My Family

My Family

Friday, August 25, 2006

Happy Birthday, My Sister!


Twenty nine years ago today, my "baby" sister was born.

We are almost 6 years apart in age...and her birth was an adjustment for me, I'm sure, although I don't remember it being difficult.
I loved looking at her when she was sleeping.
I loved playing with her.
I actually dropped her on my mouth and loosened one of my front teeth when I was 7.
It was a baby tooth, thank goodness.
One time I pinched her awake from her nap, just because I wanted to play with her.
Six years is a big gap when you are 14 and 8, but I don't feel like there is much of an age gap now.
She is one of my very best friends.
She is also one of my role models.
She's creative, strong in mind and body, and a risk-taker.
I've learned a lot from her.
I hope she has a beautiful birthday.
She has made my life much more joyful, just by being a part of it!
Happy Birthday my sistah!

4 comments:

Gabriela said...

What a sweet tribute to your little sister. Happy Birthday to her!

Anonymous said...

She deffinately deserves the nice things you said about her (and a few more). Your relationship really is a beautiful thing. What a complement to you both.

bec said...

Kris, you made me bawl. (Not just cry, but BAWL.) In a really good way!!
Being the little sister, it's really touching to read about feelings you had toward me when I was too young (or asleep) to remember myself.
My memories start about the time I was the annoying sister, pestering you & all your friends incessantly, and being the spo-lied brat child we laugh about now.
My sister, THANK YOU for the beautiful, heartfelt tribute. You help make my world go 'round & always help keep it from spinning out of control and flying out of orbit. ;) Thank you for being one of my heroes & greatest examples - you are absolutely beautiful & amazing in every way!
(& that's fact, not opinion! I have lots & lots of supporting evidence, so don't try to 'puh' it away.) :)

I LOVE YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. What a wonderful gift to your sister. (It's reassuring, too. Whenever I consider having a second child, I worry about the possbile age difference between kids.)

Hey, thanks for commenting on my blog!