My Family

My Family

Friday, July 14, 2006

Ouch!































Do you think it hurts more when you get hurt as an adult? I tripped last week outside and along with a couple of deep brusies on my legs, that cut up there on my hand was the result. It hurt so bad for a couple of minutes that I had to just sit and refrain from screaming. Now it just itches...A LOT! Sam, on the other hand, fell onto the same kind of rocks...and had multiple cuts and scrapes on his face. (That was at the end of June though, and all of his wounds have healed nicely. And yes, that is birthday cake from his sister's b-day on his chin!) The funny thing about my cut is that it made me really grateful for running water...and the ability to clean it out well. No wonder our ancestors died from infection. A simple cut like that one up there, full of dirt, would have almost certainly become a serious infection without proper cleansing and covering. Can you imagine washing an injury in week old bathwater you had saved because your water was so rationed you didn't have any other to use? I honestly counted my blessings that I could take care of my injury properly.

3 comments:

bec said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bec said...

Ouch doesn't cut it. Wait, bad pun.

That looks like it hurt beyond the realms of just ouch...possibly into the 'cover your ears, children' realm. I'm glad to hear it's healing well & is less painful.

Jamie said...

Ow! That little one of yours isn't so little anymore! He's sooo cute!