My Family

My Family

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Nine


This is my first princess. She turned 9 yesterday.
On one hand, I love the fact that she is growing up and we can bond on a different level.
One the other hand, I really dread the reality of her growing up.
Reality is, her time in our home is half over at this point.
Where did the time go?
Emily was born on a Friday night, at 7:23 pm.
The labor I experienced with her was not overly painful.
(I had a really good epidural for her labor.)
She is named after Pat's grandmother.
His first thought was that Emily's eyes looked like his grandma's eyes.
I thought she looked like her older brother, Stephen.
Her spirit didn't feel like Stephen's though...she was feminine, through and through from the minute she was born.
She's proud to call herself a tomboy now.
I'm proud to call her mine, even if it is just for a season.
You are a joy in our lives, Emily!
Thanks for joining our family!

3 comments:

Millie said...

What a gorgeous kid! Happy Birthday, Miss M!

bec said...

Happy Birthday, Miss M!! You are beautiful inside & out.

Jamie said...

Happy birthday!