My Family

My Family

Monday, November 20, 2006

The Weekend

The sight that awaited me when I got home. My kids were jumping off the walls...so anxious to tell me about the surprise that they and their Dad had been working on all weekend (while I was out of state)! That is a new bathroom floor (see below for a shot at the dark green carpet that used to cover the entire master bathroom floor)! Whoever thinks that carpet makes a good bathroom floor covering should be SHOT!
The brand new commode. (Woo HOO! No more stuck flapper and drained well from this toilet any more...just two more to fix!!)
That would be the carpet that is now...HISTORY in the bathroom!
And, last, but not least, the reason I was gone this weekend. 5K on Saturday. It felt good...and much easier than last year. Curves must be paying off...
I loved spending the time with Susan and my sister...and got to finish most of my final Christmas shopping. YES!

I am grateful for a husband who not only took on 6 kids for the weekend with no complaint, but chose to surprise my GUTS out when I got home!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, they did some great work! Bathroom carpet, ewww **shudder**

I was watching my friend's daughters so she could participate in that breast cancer walk too. Hope you had a great time and few blisters =)

Amanda said...

Good for your husband for doing that for you! And Great for you for running your race. That is awesome!

kodiak73 said...

As much as I am a proponent of the liberating powers of self propulsion over a 5K distance, having blogged about it myself, removing that carpet is FAR more liberating, I'm sure! Once again my twin brother makes something fuzzy loose all its hair in just one weekend, impressive!

Anonymous said...

Great for Pat for doing that!! And great for you for being in the race!! Hope you had a great time! I LOVE the tile. YEAh! no more green carpet!!

Dawnyel said...

You had carpet in your potty room too??! I'm so jealous! I want a pretty harder floor! I'm glad you got it tho! No more smelly bathrooms for you! :)

Amie said...

What a great way to show you how much they love you!! Very sweet.

Sarah said...

That new floor looks fantastic! I just had the carpet taken out of my dining area and my life is 100% better. Carpet is great for hiding most things, but not bathroom things.