My Family

My Family

Monday, June 26, 2006

Yum!

Buttermilk pancakes are really good. Pat decided 2 weeks ago that we should try them, and brought home a quart of buttermilk. I was surprised at the difference, honestly. I bought more buttermilk on Sat. and made them again for the kids and I today. Here's the recipe, just in case you want to try it.

Buttermilk Pancakes

1 egg
1 c. flour
1 c. buttermilk
1 T. sugar
2 T. melted butter
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix the egg, and buttermilk together. Add sugar, bkg. powder, bkg. soda,and salt into this mixture. Add flour and melted butter. For thinner pancakes, add and additional 1/4 c. milk. (Yield: 10 pancakes)

Of course, we triple this recipe to make enough for our family. There were no problems that I could see (or taste) due to increasing the overall amount.

No comments: