My Family

My Family

Monday, June 19, 2006

Oh, What do you do in the summertime?

It's again been awhile since my last blog. My mom was here for 2 weeks helping me gut out various rooms in the house. I took her to El Paso on Saturday to fly home to UT. My son, Stephen, (10), and daughter, Rebekah, (3), went with me. It was an enjoyable day. We visited the zoo, ran a couple of errands in the "city", and ate at The Cracker Barrel for the first time. (Yum!) DS was excited because he got an adult sized ice cream sundae to end his meal. I had the strawberry shortcake for dessert, and it was delectable. Ice cream, not just whipped cream was the difference between good and delicious. So, go to your nearest Cracker Barrel if you like homestyle type food for a reasonable price! (How's that for a blatant advertisement?)
So, summertime scheduling here is somewhat of a joke. We ran like crazy the past couple of weeks, and our schedule went out the window...funny how that happens with company here. It wasn't the important things (like naps) that went out the window, it was the little things I do with my kids every day...and that time was given to Grandma. We were already back on schedule this morning, so I have great hopes that by Wednesday, we'll be back on track, getting chores done, and spending enjoyable time together.
My biggest complaint with summer is the fact that no matter how hard I try, I struggle to get dinner finished before it starts getting dark. (That means 7:30-8:00pm here people.) That's just wrong in my opinion. It should be easier to pull my family away from the lure of sunlight, and into the calmness (ha!) of the house. Truly, I know that everyone looks forward to talking around the table (just one visit would make that very clear to you!), and I enjoy being with my family, but I've got to do something about changing the supper hour in this home!

No comments: