My Family

My Family

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Grocery stopping

I wish that grocery shopping did not continually have to be done. It is wearisome and exhausting. I guess it's not for everyone, but for me, shopping for 8 people is not a task that I look forward to, and yet it has to be done on a regular basis. I have been planning meals for 2 weeks and then building my shopping list around that. It seems to be a good system, and takes the guesswork out of the evening meal, which is nice. My daughter, Emily (8) and I went last time, and I really enjoyed her company, and this time my mom was in town to help me, so I shouldn't complain too loudly. I am grateful we have the money to buy food, and really, to buy what we want most of the time! (And it's always nice to have a full refrigerator with various snacks inside.) Truly though, given the chance, I would gladly pick-up my groceries at a drive-thru window, or have them delivered to my home! Given the option, I would stop...not shop!

No comments: