My Family

My Family

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Four

My daughter, Rebekah, turned 4 yesterday. Of course, I have a family of chldren that do not believe that you are actually older until the actual time of your birth, so at 8:23pm, my littlest girl reached the ripe old age of 4. She has the honor of being born on June 21, which is the longest day of daylight in the year...and from here, the daylight hours start getting shorter. (This day is also known as summer solstice). On the day that she was born, we were very aware that we would spend our 9th wedding anniversary in the hospital with her as our newest gift...and rejoiced in the fact that even after 9 years, we still desired to bring another spirit to our home. Her birth was quick, and my first in which I did not even attempt to get an epidural. I remember many things about that day, but mostly how grateful I was that I had another girl, so that my older daughter had a sister. So, happy birthday my dancie prancie girlie! I love you and the joy and sunshine your bring to our lives!

No comments: