My Family

My Family

Thursday, February 02, 2023

Make Someone Smile

Today, I showed up. It wasn’t complicated and I didn’t spend all day thinking about how to do it. I was recently called to serve the young women in our church congregation, and 2 of them were in a play tonight.  It would have been so easy to skip it. My list of things to do is long, and there won’t be enough time tomorrow to get everything done. I put those things aside, because I truly believe that everyone needs to know that they have someone cheering them on.  Now, let’s be honest, both of these girls have amazing families that showed up for them too…and I sincerely doubt that they’ll remember I was there.  It doesn’t matter.  Their smiles and hugs as I told them “good job” were enough for me.  They’re doing an amazing job at navigating life…and any way that I can support them in their interests and successes, I’ll do.  So I’ll keep showing up.  And making people smile.  Can you do the same?  

No comments: