My Family

My Family

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Update

It's so nice to know I'm not alone when it comes to needing motivation to get and keep my home clean.
I was able to score a couple of "quick wins"...things that helped me feel successful and therefore more motivated.

I did get the following things done (even with 2 sick little boys begging to be held most of the day).
Laundry sorted (yep, it's still piled up, but at least there is some order to the laundry room now)
Dining Room floor swept into the kitchen (It made a nice pile to sort through and have the kids pick up)
Pat came home and worked on the dishes until they were done...and that helped SOOO much!!

Today I plan to fold laundry, do the dishes, and vacuum.
I have 4 little ones who ran fevers yesterday afternoon and through the night, so my level of accomplishments will depend on their needs, but I definitely feel like I CAN do it today rather than not even knowing where to start.

Thanks for all of you words of encouragement and support.
It really does make a difference.

4 comments:

J&C Hale family said...

Way to go!

Rachel said...

I actually got a lot done...but if you came over right now it is back to where it was before it needed cleaning. So frustrating. So thats when I get the bad attitude of why should I even clean....but I know I must. I at least got my bathroom cleaned and it is still cleaned! If only the rest would stay the same!

Half Tempted said...

I got out my Sink Reflections book (the FLY lady) and put some of her suggestions into place. It's making a huge difference here. We even played family game night last night because I could see the top of the dining room table for the first time in ages . . . you might want to give her a try. Can't be easy with a family of 9, hang in there.

Kari said...

I hope everyone is feeling better now! Sounds like you are plugging along despite the illnesses. Good for you!