My Family

My Family

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

With Love

On Sunday night (01-27-08), the leader and prophet of our church, Gordon B. Hinckley, passed away.
I have been very torn on whether or not to post anything about it because after the initial shock, I was so happy when I heard he had died.
That may sound odd...but I was thrilled that he had the opportunity to be reunited with his wife who passed away in 2004.
He lived a full and honorable life and left a huge impact on the world around him.
The only sorrow that I would have at his passing is simply in selfishness...of not being able to hear his optimistic viewpoint and excitement for life.

I think telling our children that he had passed away is what I will remember the most about this time.
They obviously were in shock and a little unsure about what would happen next.
President Hinckley is the only prophet they have ever known.
We took the opportunity to teach them about how the next prophet will be called and sustained...unanimously by the Quorum of the Twelve.
It is a reminder and testimony that revelation still does occur today.
How grateful I am for that knowledge.

I will miss our prophet dear...President Hinckley.
May the Lord truly bless your family and keep you in His arms.

No comments: