My Family

My Family

Monday, July 16, 2007

Craft Room!

For the past few months, I have been working on making a room off of the master bedroom into my "craft room".
What a treat it was to finish it up last week.
It is amazing to realize that crafting doesn't have to be a chore...
Before, I had to drag everything out to the table or kitchen and set it up before I ever started...and then put it away when I was finished.
It was still worth it for me because making cards is such a good release for me...but I found that especially as I got more and more tired near the end of this pregnancy...I was choosing to spend time doing cards less and less.

Suzanne Dye gave me "organizational stuff" for my baby shower, and went with me to the local Wal-Mart to help pick our what I needed. Can I just tell you that EVERY night I have wanted to sit down and make something? And, it's EASY! I'll be doing this for a REALLY long time I think...especially now that everything has it's place!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kris!
I'm really happy for you. Enjoy!

SalGal said...

Lucky! I used to want to have a room like this, before my mother-in-law started hogging all my creative outlets, therefore making it completely unnescessary for me to have any. Now, I want to have a room just for my quilting. I have much better taste than she does in fabrics!

Hold on, baby! Daddy will be home soon!

Anonymous said...

You finished it! I looks soooo good! Glad you can have more card time, that will be good for you! Thanks for letting me help!

Denise said...

To think I almost deleted your link today. I decided since you weren't blogging anymore, I might as well clean up my bookmarks, but then I decided to check just once more, and voila! Here you are!

I love your craft room. I'm eagerly awaiting the day I get to make my own. We've got some room-switching and furniture-buying to do, and then I will finally have a place for all my STUFF! Scrapbooks, photos, gift wrap, ribbons, sewing machine and supplies...all that stuff that I have to haul out of my closet whenever I need it. So yay for you!!