My Family

My Family

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Making Memories

My favorite playmate growing up (until age 6) was my cousin "Suzie". We lived just a few streets apart, and I loved playing with her. I can still remember the day, standing on the playground during morning recess, that she told me that her family was moving to Phoenix. I actually did not think it was true, and certainly had no idea at how far apart our paths would actually become. We were pen pals for many years, and tried to stay in touch as we headed off to college. However, as the years have passed, we have lost touch. Enough so, that it seems awkward to think I once knew her so well.
During the past year, we have had our cousins that lived near us move away. I wonder how much the kids will remember the relationships they built with those cute cousins. The reason I started this particular entry however, is that we actually had the kids' cousins here over Easter this year. It is amazing to see how quickly our children hit it off. I appreciate the fact that their mom was willing to make the 14 hour trip from Utah to allow the kids to have 4 days together. Hopefully they made some memories and cemented their relationship with each other. I pray that down the road, they have each other to rely on and help point each other onto the right path. Families really are forever (including extended family too!) and I look forward to the time when all those we love are near to us as well as close in heart.

No comments: