My Family

My Family

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Amazement

My little girl, Bekah (3) sees a lizard outside. She is enthralled. "What do lizards do, Mommy?" I've explained that they eat bugs, and now she and Thomas (5) are talking about lizards eating butterflies. "Poor butterflies!" they said. Pretty cool that something so simple is so amazing to a child. Here is some more of their conversation. "Do you see it move?", "Hello, lizard, come out, come out wherever you are!", "I wish I could go out and pet the baby lizards."  Thomas says the mom and dad lizards would let us go to their homes if we are nice to the babies.
So what amazes you? Does anything any more? Oftentimes I am shocked and disgusted at things that happen in society, but it's been awhile since I've been amazed. (I don't think Sam's Club revisited for the first time in 3 years counts.) I'll have to look for things that really amaze me. You do the same.

No comments: