My Family

My Family

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tagged

I always think the tags are fun ways to learn about people.


JOYS:
1. I love taking walks with my husband on a moonlit night. It's a great time to reconnect (especially when there are 7 little/biggish kids underfoot).
2. I find incredible joy in striving to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ and grow my testimony. Along with that, my heart rejoices when I receive promptings, and I love the feeling I get when I follow those promptings.
3. A daily joy I find is in my children and the fun/funny things they do or the kind ways they teach each other.

FEARS:
1. My children not living an honorable life.
2. Losing my health and/or not being able to fulfill my calling/capacity as a mother.
3. One of my children getting lice. (I know, it's silly on some levels, but I can't imagine the level of care and cleanliness it would take to get rid of them, and I am sure we would all pass it around...and I have incredibly THICK hair.)

GOALS:
1. I want to have a piece of my writing published.
2. I want to become healthier, stronger, and have more stamina.
3. I want to fill a full-time mission with my husband.

COLLECTIONS/OBSESSIONS:
1. I LOVE stamping and cardmaking. I love looking at what other people create and love to create my own cards. I have a lot of supplies to make things with. I'm passing on that love to my daughters too...my Emily just had a "stamping" birthday party.
2. I am constantly trying to find a better way to teach myself to clean and keep things in order. I wasn't taught those skills, and I am very concerned about making sure my children know these skills before they leave my home.
3. I really like the Willow Tree figurines. I have(had) one for each child. Unfortunately, they break rather easily.

RANDOM FACTS:
1. I was hit by a car when I was in college. In fact, that is what made Pat fall in love with me. That is a fun story to tell.
2. I have been pregnant and/or nursing for 149 of the 181 months I have been married. (That's a LONG time!)
3. I consider myself a shy person by nature. It is hard for me to initiate conversations and make small-talk.

9 comments:

Real said...

Um, okay. Story about how a car accidnet made P fall in love with you,please.

Susan said...

Can't wait to hear about the car accident story!
I'll get on this soon - it's nice to have an assignment - I've been bored!

SalGal said...

Finished!

Real said...

My little willow figurine broke, too.

LDSteenager said...

Story! Story! I can't believe that you haven't been pregnant or nursing for only 32 months of your marriage! You are one strong woman.

Courtney White said...

Wow! I will definitely be asking you a bunch of questions at the next book club! It has been fun getting to know you better the past few months!

LDSteenager said...

Tell Lucky belated birthday for yesterday for me! Love him lots!

Unknown said...

I think I love blogging more then facebook... just found your link on your profile. I can hear your voice as I read this and it's just erased the 12+ years that it's been since I've seen you.

Your family is beautiful! YOU are beautiful!

Amy said...

Ummmm......Where are you? HA! Hope you guys are are doing SUPER.