My Family

My Family

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Christmas Gifts

It's a beautiful thing to turn on the radio and have Christmas music continually.
It's one of the "gifts of the season" that I love.
This morning, singing along to "The Little Drummer Boy", I started to cry.
Why?
It's simple really.
Christ accepts whatever we have to give...no matter how big or small it is.
We don't have to give large gifts in excess to try and please the Savior...in fact, just giving Him our heart and our best effort is enough.
Our Christmas this year is purposely small (a movie each, a sibling gift and a family gift)...we want to give our efforts to paying down our debt and not to overloading our home and children with more *things*.
I'm hoping the lack of *things* will be made up for in an abundance of the spirit of Christ.
After all, that spirit is what Christmas is all about!

No comments: