My Family

My Family

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Look what I made!

It's called a 2-4-6-8 box...and it's made out of a half sheet of cardstock.
I'll be demonstrating how to make it at my first Stampin' Up workshop on Thursday night.
I love it...and thought it would be perfect for a little "thinking of you" gift for Visiting teachers or others you think need a pick me up.

The directions are simple:
Stamp the 8 1/2"x 5 1/2 cardstock as desired for decoration.
Score the paper at 2", 4", 6" and at 8".
Turn the paper and score 2" from the bottom all the way across.
Cut the 2"x 1/2" piece out and discard.
Fold along the scored lines.
Put adhesive along the 3 1/2" x 1/2" piece and glue to the larger side next to it.
Fold the bottom pieces in, one at a time, gluing each one to the next.
Fold the sides of the box in (like a milk carton).
Cut slits near the top and put ribbon through it.

Voila! You have made one too!

6 comments:

Denise said...

It's very cute! I'm glad there are crafty types among us, to make up for the deficiences of those of us who can't stamp without leaving edge marks.

Kristine said...

It's actually kind of funny Denise...4 years ago, I was a total novice when it came to paper crafts of any kind. Now I'm a demonstrator for Stampin' Up...go figure!

Anonymous said...

Kris
very cute!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! How exciting for you! I'm just starting as a CTMH consultant. A way to support my scrapping habit, if you know what I mean. Best of luck! Let us know how it goes.
Heather

Sketchy said...

Cute!! I love those sort of little quick things that just take a second to make, but really make someone else feel good.

Anonymous said...

very, very cute :) wish i could come to your workshop.