My Family

My Family

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Buona Dominica!

Good Sunday! or Buona Dominica! as Pat often says. That's one of the few phrases we still use in Italian with our family. Our new table is being modified (by us) for our family, which means that tonight, for the 5th night in a row, it has been out of commission. We have an "octagon" counter that sticks out of our kitchen island, and by squeezing the kids in rather tightly, we can almost fit around it for meals. Keep in mind, that it is fairly crucial in this *little* family of ours to eat together as a family (usually breakfast and dinner at this point). By the end of our meal tonight, I was ready to walk out! It is so frustrating to try and have a conversation with a child, and have 2 others yapping away, telling jokes and making their siblings laugh. (Not that I mind that normally, but, come on, this is our one chance to connect on a Sunday, and it was shot to pieces by self-centered kidlets!). Anyway, other than that, it was truly, a GOOD Sunday. Emily had a talk, which she wrote herself (and did very well at it). We stayed busy, both at church and here, and I felt like today, I fulfilled my Relief Society calling quite well. I compiled a bunch of surveys that our sisters have been filling out, and made sure a lot of bases were covered before April's Enrichment night. As for my calling as Sunday School President of our class, I actually walked in as the teacher was starting class by himself...'cause I was doing things for my Relief Society calling. Ah well, I am doing the very best that I know how right now...and it is sufficient for now.

No comments: