My Family

My Family

Monday, January 30, 2023

Blowing off the dust

I have places in my home that desperately need dusted.  Some of them are in out of the way places and I just don't see them.  Some of the places are right in my line of sight, but I keep telling myself I'll make time for it, or that I'll get to it later.  The reality is this: Dusting hasn't been a priority.  I have so many other things I'd rather be doing. 

My writing is lot like that.  I've pushed it away, hidden it in drawers, or said I'll make time for it later.  I haven't.  Until today.  Today my writing becomes a priority again. It is the "something" I'd rather be doing.  Not because I have a specific story to tell, but because the writer's voice inside me has been neglected for far too long.  My commitment is to myself, and to 1 writer friend, and my guess is no one else will even know.  

And that's ok.  When's the last time you checked someone else's house for dust?  

No comments: