My Family

My Family

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Thrifting

 I can’t remember a time I didn’t thrift. 

St. Johns, the town in Arizona I grew up in, didn’t always have a thrift store in town, so yard sales were where we found “treasures” the most frequently.  

Call it frugality.  Call it necessity.  Call it wisdom on my mom's (a single mother) part.  Whatever you call it, it has become a part of what I do.  

Even my kids know we're gonna check the thrift stores before we go to the "regular" stores.  Raising 8 kids, it's been an honest to goodness godsend to not have to pay full price for things.  

So often, it's like a treasure hunt.  Except the treasure could be any number of things. I keep a running list in my phone of things we need, and when we REALLY need something, you'll see us praying that we'll be led to where that item is.  

And more times than I can count, the Lord has provided exactly what we need at exactly the right time.  

No comments: