My Family

My Family

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

I Am Loved

My mom did an amazing job making me feel loved and important on Valentine’s Day every year.  It wasn’t expensive or time consuming, but she made it a priority to do SOMETHING special.  Heart shaped pancakes sometimes.  Other times a card.  One time a set of silver  heart shaped earrings.  Probably never all at once, and maybe not even every year.  Ultimately it doesn't matter what she did every year because she made the effort to let me know she not only loved me, but she liked me as well.  Not every child gets to feel that in their life, and I consider that constancy one of her most powerful and important gifts.  Because of her and the example she set for me, I am a mother who could build on that foundation and make a difference in my own children's lives.  I am loved, and because of that, I can love others more deeply.

No comments: