My Family

My Family

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Upon Awakening

Sleep evaded me last night.
Fitful tossing & turning made for interrupted & chaotic dreams (none of which I can remember now).

But then, I got to sleep in this morning...
a full 30 minutes longer than usual.

And as I sit here on the computer, clicking through my stamping blogs, the thought enters my mind:
Why do you do this?
Does it serve a purpose for you anymore?
(To turn the computer on first thing...before the kids are even gone and surf through ideas that ultimately 98% of the time end up having no bearing on my creativity).

I tell you...
Changes...they are ahead for me.
I can feel it.

So today, I will be evaluating all things technology laden and how they are impacting my life and the importance of them long term.

I'm not going away...that I promise.
But my routine will likely change in the days ahead.
Especially my morning routine.

For upon awaking, I want to feel focused and motivated.
Strengthened and blessed...and able to walk the path the Lord would have me on.
Not distracted and unengaged with those whom I love best, and most especially, not so distant from the Lord that I struggle to hear His voice & His direction in my life.



1 comment:

The Whatcott Fam said...

You are such a good example. Let us know what changes you make. I have been thinking about this a lot too. Sis. Wixom's talk really had an impact on me when she mentioned technology and how important it is to disconnect from it in order to reconnect with each other.